2 questions - Cayo Largo

Pour poser des questions, donner des conseils, etc.
Ask questions, help people to better prepare their next visit.
dino

2 questions - Cayo Largo

Message par dino »

Nice new forum :)
I've noticed in some reviews of Cayo Largo that the area tends to be quite windy and the beach gets red flaged often. Is this the case year round? Are there times in the year where the winds are not as bad? I know of the Sirena beach shuttles, just woundering what one can expect as for winds in August.

Another thing I've noticed from the pictures posted is the lack of lush vegitation (big palms, coconut trees, etc) that one would find in areas like Cayo Coco. Is this area of Cuba less lush with tropical trees? Thanks for the info!!
amgaulin

Message par amgaulin »

Well, as far as the vegetation is concerned, you must realize that Cayo Largo was struck by an important hurricane in the fall of 2001 and the vegetation suffered tremendously. The entire island was actually under water for a while and the winds reached high levels.

As far as wind is concerned, there is always some wind (thank heavens for that !!!). The intensity varies from time to time, from week to week as a matter of fact. I would be at a loss to specify when it is easier but from my limited experience, it would say it is better in the spring than in the fall, having only been to Cayo Largo in April and November.
Répondre