Sol Cayo Largo - April 11 - 18

Pour les récits de voyage, photos et vidéos.
Write your trip report with photos.
Règles du forum
Si la lecture des récits des usagers du forum vous a rendu service, venez écrire le vôtre à votre retour. Par respect pour l'auteur, veuillez ne pas démarrer de nouvelles discussions à même son message. Les messages hors sujets seront effacés sans préavis. Veuillez utiliser le forum « de tout et de rien » pour vos discussions libres.
IMPORTANT: Avec l’accessibilité à l’internet, ce forum est lu par bien des gens et ce de partout. Lorsque vous racontez quelque chose à propos d’un employé spécifique, rappelez-vous que la délation existe et que ce qui est anodin pour nous pourrait avoir de graves conséquences pour eux.
EagleRay

Sol Cayo Largo - April 11 - 18

Message par EagleRay »

8th time since 2004 to Sol Cayo Largo. This time was rather bad. New and old staff were very good overall with the exception of an unexpected maintenance call for no reason other than the person once in the suite, wanting to sell us some beads that he makes. Checked with the manager who dealt with and then apologized. April 12 to 15, no toilet paper because supply ship did not deliver. April 16 no bottled water for some suites in Ocean View 3800 block but front desk swore we were given it. After complaining, received 2 small bottles in late afternoon. Shower was very corroded and almost no pressure. Tub was very damaged and both should have been replaced. Towels were torn and very stained.
Most staff were very helpful and in conversation, wished Canadians would manage this hotel and more of Cuba's resorts.
All this aside, the weather, the beach and the sea was great.
I was planning on returning in June with my son after his university graduation but my wife and I are very disappointed this time and are looking at other Cuban resorts again and also other destinations in the Caribbean.
Overall, we have been to Cuba over 12 times and this was the worst experience.
guyguy

Re: Sol Cayo Largo - April 11 - 18

Message par guyguy »

Unfortunately, it seems like the resorts in CL lack in management and priorities from the main land...my prediction: one day, Melia resorts will close...will there be another group interested? who knows...every time i go, i feel like it is the last time..

Thanks for the update EagleRay! :smt023
Guyguy Image
Répondre