Another Story of a New Hotel??

Le développement dans le secteur Punta mal Tiempo.
Discussion about development in Punta mal Tiempo.
barbie

Re: Another Story of a New Hotel??

Message par barbie »

We have no desire to be ogled by a bunch of arabs
Cuban tourism will suffer at CL. If not for the freedom , then why would you go there ? surely not for the food and amenities.[/[/color]i][/quote]

Well you will not have be ogled by the Arabs...because I used to be a flight attendant and was in Riyad, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and there were large fences with green plastic on them around the pool (so you cannot see anyone in the pool from your hotel room) Women had the pool from 9am to 2pm then it was only the men...and these were very large hotel chains.... The women would go to the beach in their black long gowns (don't remember the name right now)..... After living in their country for a few months....I have no desire to see them on the beach in Cayo Largo,....you might have to say bye-bye to the nudism....maybe they will try to stop it
Lyne

Message par Lyne »

barbie a écrit :(...) you might have to say bye-bye to the nudism....maybe they will try to stop it
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that, barbie! Money rules the world, and with the amount of money they're investing in Cuba, they'll soon have it exactly the way they want it to be. We can kiss nudism (and the sense of freedom we've enjoyed thus far) goodbye!

It's ironic, isn't it? Having fought so hard against American capitalism, only to surrender to the Arabs...
Lyne ;o) Image
barbie

Message par barbie »

It's ironic, isn't it? Having fought so hard against American capitalism, only to surrender to the Arabs...[/quote]

LOL! yes you are so right, Lyne
I can tell you I saw stuff in Saudi Arabia....alcohool, drugs...and it is supposed to be a dry country? It is more like
the saying "Do as I tell you, not do as I do"

Someone posted the out islands in the Bahamas and I might look into a little further....however our next time in Cayo
Largo we will the Junior Suite, so I really want to experience that.
Recumbentz

Message par Recumbentz »

J'ai eu un bref échange par courriel avec le directeur des relations avec les investisseurs de Leisure Canada. Voici ce qu'il m'a répondu quant aux développements à CL:

"I can assure you that any beach developments at Cayo Largo will remain 100% public. This very issue was discussed just two days ago in Havana. I have never heard about the “male only” issue but I am certain that this would not be allowed either. "

par "beach development", il veut dire la plage, car je lui avais parlé des rumeurs de plage privée...
guyguy

Message par guyguy »

et bien...seul l'avenir nous le dira...dans ce domaine...il y a toujours plein de promesses et souvent plein de surprises... #-o
Guyguy Image
Recumbentz

Message par Recumbentz »

c'est sûr, mais c'est quand même un peu plus fiable que des rumeurs...
Alexander

Message par Alexander »

Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of that which is foreign or unknown, especially of strangers or foreign people.

Relax folks. Just because Qatar has promised to " Invest " certain monies in Cuba does not automatically make it a future Arab hotel as seems to be implied by recent Posts. Many countries from around the world have already invested into Cuban tourism industries without the majority of visitors even aware of it. And they have not become French, nor Spanish nor Canadian hotels etc....afterwards. Sherrit Mining of Canada has many projects in Cuba and they have poured some into hotel joint ventures which later on are run by International hotel chains like Sol/Melia or Iberostar and so forth.

Liesure Canada has been " paving the way " or lets say getting friendly with the Cuban regime for many, many years and finally they have gotten some off shore monies into their project.

I know that several of the Posts and Info in this discussion were in French and some might have missed it. One key element is that QATAR has signed a deal where Cuba supplies Doctors/Nurses for a brand new medical facility in Qatar ( Cuba produces lots of medical graduates ) and then in return Qatar has agreed to invest in Cuban hotel projects.

Of course WE ALL would like Cayo Largo to remian in its pristine state forever. But that is wishfull thinking as sooner or later more hotels will and shall be built there. It is unfortunate that it has to be so. And I can give you a long list of beautiful sun destinations which once upon a time had unique interest and splendid isolation but over the years had overwhelming hotel construction that changed the landscape forever. The truth is that the first time visitors or old timers of these destinations lament the changes however the fact is that hordes of new visitors (mass tourism ) now find these places most enjoyable.

For all of you who wish to preserve the unique beaches and wonderful charms of Cayo Largo then please write the Cuban Tourism Ministry and cuban tourism companies such as Grupo Hotelero Gran Caribe S.A to voice your concerns.

It just might make everyone involved ( Cayo Largo future projects ) take a good close look at their current plans and possibly modify them so that everyone remains happy. :)

Maybe it has already been posted but here goes-

Dubai's Profile Group Completes Due Diligence, Agrees To US$20 Million Investment
-- Hotels, 3/19/2008 12:45:00 PM

Leisure Canada Inc. (the “Company” or “LCI”) confirmed today that as per the December 21, 2007 press release, Profile Investments LLC and persons associated therewith (“Profile”) have completed the due diligence process and have irrevocably agreed to invest C$15 million in new capital into Leisure Canada. Additionally, Profile and persons associated therewith have agreed to invest US$5 million in the Company’s operating subsidiary, Wilton Properties Limited (“Wilton”). Profile is a Dubai-based investment group with global interests in real estate across India, the Gulf Cooperation Countries (“GCC”), Cape Verde and North Africa.

The transaction is composed of Profile holding 49% of the issued and outstanding shares of the Company at the time of closing. This will result in the issuance of 60 million units at C$0.25 each for aggregate proceeds of C$15,000,000. Each unit will be composed of one Class “A” common share plus one-half warrant. One full warrant would entitle the holder to subscribe to one additional common share of LCI for a period of 24 months after the closing date at a price of C$0.35 per share. The Company will undertake to extend the term of the warrants for a further 24 months at an exercise price of C$0.40 in the third year and C$0.45 in the fourth. Additionally, Profile will acquire a 25% holding of the outstanding capital of Wilton by means of the subscription of new shares in Wilton for a total sum of US$5 million. Finally, LCI will arrange for the appointment of two directors nominated by Profile to the Company’s Board of Directors. Profile has also expressed its strong desire to have Mr. Walter Berukoff remain as Chairman of the Company for a further period of not less than five years. The completion of this transaction is subject to all the necessary regulatory and shareholder approvals.

Commenting on the investment, Mr. Hanif Patel, Founder and Chairman of the Profile Group, said “Cuba is an exceptional market; one of the most exciting markets we have seen. We have visited all of Leisure Canada’s sites in Cuba and met with their partners, Grupo Hotelero Gran Caribe S.A. The sites are world class and the partners have a real commitment and long term vision for the development of Cuba as a major tourist and resort destination. We are very happy with our decision to go ahead with this investment and to become LCI’s largest shareholder. Profile will offer many synergies to LCI; assistance with design; access to capital to develop the projects; a strong international marketing net work with over 30,000 existing clients and contacts; and a significant international team of experts to support the Cuban developments.”

Walter Berukoff, the Executive Chairman of Leisure Canada said, “Profile has completed its extensive due diligence procedure and is confident in making this investment into Leisure Canada. Cuba is without a doubt one of the most exciting new markets in the world. With the backing of a vertically integrated global real estate developer such as Profile, we are ready to accelerate development of our world class asset base in Cuba and become that nation’s premier hospitality and resort development company.”

MAC Capital Limited, an Investment Bank, and Killik & Co (Middle East& Asia) LLP, a financial services advisory group, both operating from the Dubai International Financial Centre and authorized by the Dubai Financial Services Authority, were joint advisors to LCI in this transaction.

Fyshe Horton Finney Ltd, authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) acted as sole advisors to Profile Investments & Profile World in this transaction.

Leisure Canada is a leading developer of luxury resorts in Cuba, with multiple properties currently under development, including five-star hotels, over 4,200 hotel rooms and PGA championship golf courses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

8) Alexander Cayo Largo Enjoy it while you still can
Lyne

Message par Lyne »

Alexander, thanks for the press release. You always know where to find pertinent information to set the record straight.
Alexander a écrit :Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of that which is foreign or unknown, especially of strangers or foreign people...
The posts thus far may sound xenophobic to you, but I propose another way of looking at them: What is known (and most feared) is that as a result of these investments (regardless of who the investors are), Cayo Largo will never be the same.
Lyne ;o) Image
Alexander

Message par Alexander »

Hi Lyne

Thanks for your post and reply. As concerns this thread or discussion I have mentioned enjoy Cayo Largo now while we still can enjoy all that makes this destination so popular and unique. And I also suggested that the users of this forum who have fears about the future development express them to the proper Cuban ministries. E-mails or Letters might not change future development plans however it might just have a bearing on the preservation of the unique environment and popularity of the cayo for naturism purposes. I have seen first hand the changes (most often negative) brought about by expansion of tourism facilities in several regions of Cuba. Cayo Coco/Guillermo as an example. First one hotel on each Cayo, then one more, and then again one more etc with each new hotel bringing more visitors, more road traffice, noise, more people on the beach and so forth, until the region no longer resembles its original state (though still a lovely place to visit ).

So believe me I am one of those persons who wishes that Cayo Largo stays the way it has and for a long time to come because once it has been altered by hotel developement the changes are permanent and what once was is no more.

xenophobic may sound like a strong statement, which I would gladly remove if the moderators feel its objectionable as term, but it certainly does NOT reflect the MAJORITY of persons who have Posted.

Vive Cayo Largo pour encore tres longtemps 8)
Ricardo

Message par Ricardo »

de retour cet nuit de Cayo Largo,un employé de Villa Iguana m'as confirmé que Villa iguana vas etre démoli pour faire place a un nouvelle Hotel avec des habitations en forme de hutte.
Répondre