Getting to CYO not starting in Canada

Pour les récits de voyage, photos et vidéos.
Write your trip report with photos.
Règles du forum
Si la lecture des récits des usagers du forum vous a rendu service, venez écrire le vôtre à votre retour. Par respect pour l'auteur, veuillez ne pas démarrer de nouvelles discussions à même son message. Les messages hors sujets seront effacés sans préavis. Veuillez utiliser le forum « de tout et de rien » pour vos discussions libres.
IMPORTANT: Avec l’accessibilité à l’internet, ce forum est lu par bien des gens et ce de partout. Lorsque vous racontez quelque chose à propos d’un employé spécifique, rappelez-vous que la délation existe et que ce qui est anodin pour nous pourrait avoir de graves conséquences pour eux.
MarkK

Getting to CYO not starting in Canada

Message par MarkK »

Looking forward to Caprice on 28th Jan, but in case anyone else is planning to travel via Canada (even with transatlantic flights it is less than half the price from the UK):
A cheap pre-covid trip to the beach-less Bellarena with my wife, via Montréal in 2019, worked well, apart from the start when the receptionist at the hotel changed the time of the welcome to a later one. Without explaining why, she had switched us to the normal English time, but the rep was unaware that anyone would be there and did not turn up. (We expected it it be in French and did not ask for anything else. Is the welcome from Ottawa bilingual, or does one have to attend both to meet everyone?) After that we were mostly greeted in Italian, whereas in 2000 it was German.
The only hiccup was on departure, when the Cuban authorities had no evidence that my wife would be let into Canada; having arrived in Canada by air on the way out, there was no passport stamp, visa, etc. (I had at one point arrived in Canada by sea – to Qikiqtarjuaq – so there was a stamp and that was fine.) And she had no physical onward ticket. We have printed out our Canadian eTA approvals and hope they will suffice this time.
Répondre