Rollcall January 24 to February 7

Rencontrer des gens, un 5@7, excursion en catamaran, etc.
Meet people at destination, organise excursions, etc.
Règles du forum
Veuillez noter que tous les messages de nature « échangistes » seront dorénavant effacés du forum. Nous jugeons qu'il est important de faire la distinction entre naturisme et échangisme. Avis aux intéressés.
Please note that all messages about « lifestyle » will now be deleted from the forum. We think it is important to make the distinction between naturism and (swinging, swapping). This forum is not the place to promote lifestyle activities. Be advised!
Beaching

Rollcall January 24 to February 7

Message par Beaching »

We will be at Villa Iguana on the above mentioned dates. Just wondering which old friends and any new people will be around to meet? We have met so many great people in Cayo Largo.
Sunseeker

Re: Rollcall January 24 to February 7

Message par Sunseeker »

Hi Beaching,
I won't be there during that time, but I was hoping you might be able to give me the "low down" on the Iguana, and what you know about the other nearby hotels. I'll be travelling solo towards the end of February so any advice you could offer would be most appreciated. Wishing a great holiday, and hope to hear all about it upon your return!
SS :D
Beaching

Message par Beaching »

This will be our 4th year in a row to Iguana.

The beach can be hit and miss but because it's an adult only facility you have options. No beach equals free shuttle to some incredible beaches. If you prefer to stay on site tanning au natural is tolerated on balconies and terraces. Also, it appears that may be the case at the new pool.

The food the first year was the best we ever had in Cuba. I wish I could say the same for the second year but a substitute chef for the first part spoiled that. A worker said he ordered food for 150 even though there were 300 guests. The third year the food was good again but maybe not quite like the first year.

I always book a first level room and have not heard great things about the bungalows.

Of course, the staff is wonderful as well. Feel free to ask any other questions or pm me also.
spereira23

Message par spereira23 »

January 27-3 at Starfish
knipper1388

Message par knipper1388 »

Hi there all. We are in CL right now. We booked Soledad with access to Lindamar and Villa Coral. Here is the status right now.
Friends we met were here last week over Christmas and there was some beach in front if Caprice (Caprichio) . We had our room changed a week before to Caprice due to renovations not complete. Bit of a haggle over what is considered ocean front but staff here has been awesome as usual. Especially here at the Caprice all-around.
I'm using old names some but here goes:
Playa Blanca -closed renovating
Sanctuary -old Playa Blanca bungalows open. Very small restaurant.
Villa iguana-closed, very little work going on currently. We checked in at the Iguana (Natura) but no rooms. Pool is running but the rooms and grounds are very rough. The Isla?? Italian place is open but almost empty.
Villa Coral is closed and rough around the grounds -stairs to the water etc. There is a gazebo bar at the point there by the iguana bar and newer stairs down to the water before the Isla. That is where the beach starts (this week) you can walk quite a ways heading to the other hotels. There was 1 room being painted at iguana. Maybe a few in the one block were painted but most rooms are full of stored items. We walk by every day. The soledad is closed. Possibly a few workers living there. Lindamar is open and we spent new years there with a wonderful meal. Village souvenirs by the pirate taberna are all gone. Bowling closed. Museum still closed. They are offering sunset cruise for $125 cdn on the plane or $ 94 usd on island. We got stuck on a sand bar for 2 hours and had to get towed off!! They also still have the Havana flight $270 usd and a full day scuba super reef not sure of cost. Sirena bar restaurant is open and basic items are all no charge. Paraiso is open a bit but looks like only a cooler for drinks and some sun beds. The Paraiso beach is quite different. Many small stagnant pools and the ocean is far out from the bar. Hurricane took the large trees.
At Sirena there is a wooden walkway to the bar then water water which is nice. Small souvenirs stand there by the ain bar. Shuttle is free at 10 & 11. 1:30 & 4 back. Aside from the 2 large hotels the others are mostly empty. Don't be fooled that all the hotels are open. There are only 12 of us at Caprice. Lots of au natural. No worries about restrictions that we've seen.
Good luck!!
MarkK

Message par MarkK »

Once upon a time (2000) I took my infant son to Capricho, and wrote up the experience on this forum. Indeed Lily and Normand may remember a tall bearded Englishman with all three children on our next visit, before the place was flattened. Luckily the son is now an adult, so my beard is now white, and we have booked Caprice from Ottawa on 28th Jan, then back to Winterlude. This wasn’t easy; the website doesn’t accept addresses that are not in US or Canada (just like previous experience with Air Transat), nor does it seem that Sunwing can cope with international standard telephone numbers. Fond memories of a CO catamaran day out, but will there be the numbers this time?
Répondre